Examples of Constructions of Physical Identity
Past Athletic Success
- Ex-Trackster, Lt. Wheatley, Oversees Phone Connections, Telegrams, Mail
- Did You Know - M.T. Kershall
- Boise Veteran, Smiling Russ Coslet, Helps Make Projectiles for His Buddies
- Discharged War II Vets, Now Working on Depot, Represent Various Army and Navy Services
Belittling of 4-Fs
- Scuttlebutt - "Saw his woman with a 4-F"
- Scuttlebutt - "Not unless we're invaded"
- Scuttlebutt - "Why bother if you're 4-F"
- Hither, Thither, and Yawn - "It's you or none 4-Fer"
- Hither, Thither, and Yawn - "Physical defect? I got no guts"
Reference to a Current Athletic Role
- Hither, Thither, and Yawn - "Moran (of the basketball team)"
- Outstanding Players on the Depot Ball Team
- Hither, Thither, and Yawn - "Man named for jumping ability?"
- Hither, Thither, and Yawn - "Interesting moniker, basketball player for NAD"
- Barracks Browsings - "Members of the barracks basketball team"